Monday, June 4, 2012

SOD: Nightmares on Wax "You Wish"

Heard this song on my way to work this morning. It's a great walking tune. Garvey introduced me to Nightmares on Wax quite some years ago, and though I haven't listened to is as much as say, Marvin Gaye, I've certainly dipped into my collection at some point every year for an extended period of time.

George Evelyn is Nightmares on Wax, as many artists of this electronic age can do it all themselves. He's from Leeds, UK, but his music has a very international feel. Some songs are reggae based, others sound like dub-infused classical pieces, and others still may take on a spanish style and flavor. It's very good atmospheric music, great to cook to, read to, or really do any number of tasks or busy work too. That's because it's not distracting, yet it's till consuming.

Not everyone is going to like it, and to be honest, I'm always resistent to this kind of music at first as well. But Nightmares on Wax has a kinder, more accessible quality to it for me. It's pretty serene, and I think if you give it a shot, you'll find a place for it in your library as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment