Thursday, March 22, 2012

SOD: Pearl Jam "State Of Love And Trust"

Pearl Jam is one of my Top 3 all time favorite bands. I'll never pass up an opportunity to see them live, and I'll never skip them when they come on the ol' Ipod. I've grown to love every song of theirs (except for "Last Kiss", which Ironically is one of their biggest hits), as is what usually happens when a band becomes more to you than just their music. The same thing happened to me with Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan.

"State Of Love And Trust," is an amazing song about the internal battle that often ensues when you fall in love. It's scary, it's violent, it's beautiful, it's confusing. It's epic. And this songs lyrics and music complement each other so well, that for a long time it was my absolute favorite track of theirs.

The story of Pearl Jam is far too long to get into now on a simple SOD post, but if you want to see an all around amazing documentary about one of the most amazing rock bands in the world, check out Pearl Jam Twenty (2011), directed by none other than the great Cameron Crowe (Almost Famous, Jerry Maguire). Even as die-hard of a fan as I am, I learned quite a bit from this film that I had previously not known. It's definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment