Monday, May 7, 2012

SOD: The Red Hot Chili Peppers "Snow (Hey Oh)"

Even though the Chili Peppers were just inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and gave heart-warming and genuine acceptance speeches, that's not why I've chosen them. Though subconsciously they may have been on my mind a little more prevalently right now because of the awards show, I've chosen them because I've always had a soft spot for them. To paraphrase Chris Rock, the Chili Peppers have a sound that's a hardcore kind of happy. It's a happy that you had to be sad to get to. I thought that was the perfect description of their music. And though they've gotten a bit softer on the hind legs of their days, haven't we all?

I won't give you a drawn out explanation on this one. I'll simply say this song was fitting to the mood I was in, and nothing more at the time. And sometimes, that's just enough reason to fall in love with a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment