Friday, May 11, 2012

SOD: Noah Guthrie "Sexy And I Know It" by LMFAO

Have you heard of this kid, Noah Guthrie? I've been following his youtube channel for a little under a year. He's quite the musician and his voice is epic. It's soul, it's rock, it's downright beautiful. He's like a rock n roll Barry White, a smoother Warren Haynes. Better still, he's proven he can cover all genres in his own acoustic style. His covers of Mumford and Sons songs, and Valerie have garnered the most plays from me, but in actuality there's something to love about all of them. His parts on the live performance of "Make You Feel My Love" (Bob Dylan cover), are gripping. This kid is on his way to something big.

He's young too. Eighteen and hungry, he's constantly updating his repertoire, and you can tell he'll do whatever his takes. Just look at today's video (his most recent), he's even doing original arrangements of chart topping pop songs way out of his comfort zone. I envy his enthusiasm and I'm intrigued by his passion. It's hard for me to imagine he's as good as I think he is, but with each new post, I'm more and more sure what I'm seeing is the truth. I think it will be interesting to continue following him, and I'd definitely like to see him live. Good things are in store, if he keeps this up.

Check him out on youtube: only1noah

No comments:

Post a Comment