Monday, April 2, 2012

SOD: Radio Moscow "Frustrating Sound"

As I mentioned previously, I caught the back half of a show of theirs in LA on Friday. These guys can rock. I'm not quite sure about the mix on this video, but I'm always a fan of "seeing" an act, as opposed to just hearing them. After all, that's what You Tube is for.

Now I'm no die-hard fan of these guys, but I like them more having seen them live, and that's always a good thing. The trio rocks hard, but frontman/guitarist Parker Griggs is the band. His new lineup is fresh to this year, and I believe they'll be touring Europe quite soon. So catching them in LA was fortuitous (anyone who watches MSG will know where I got that word from), and certainly worth the $0 entrance fee. The crowd was full of leather jackets, beards, and sweat, and that was just the women. 

They've got a loud, raucous sound which is especially emphasized in their live performance, however they never let it get too distorted or inaudible. The guitar was always crisp sounding, which is very necessary for this kind of shredding. It easily could have sounded heavy and messy, but fortunately it never got there. So props to them on that. I'll certainly be revisiting the two albums I have: Radio Moscow and Brain Cycles. Worth checking out.

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment