Friday, August 10, 2012

SOD: The Highwaymen "Highwayman"

I really don't think this song needs any introduction or explanation. It's probably the coolest thing since Miles Davis. I want to be a highwayman, or a sailor, or a dam builder, and especially a starship pilot. Christ, I feel like all four of those things every time I put this song on and sing along. Most recently was with Venice and Johnny, and if somebody caught that on tape they'd be a youtube sensation. I think I found my Halloween costume, who's with me? ...(crickets)

The Highwaymen were a supergroup who were quite fittingly, always on the road. They were comprised of Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, and Johnny Cash. That's also the order in which they take their turn at a verse in this epic song. The group was active from 1985-1995, and released three studio albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment