Tuesday, October 9, 2012

AV UNDERCOVER 2012

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-wood-brothers-cover-michael-jackson,83888/

I probably should've talked about this a while ago. But the good thing is, all the songs have been covered, and you can now have access to every video.

Watch one of the videos (I recommend the Wood Brothers one that I linked), and it will explain the AV Club's mission with this. I think it's a brilliant idea, and I've truly enjoyed it. Last year, Wye Oak did an awesome job with Danzig's "Mother." Then they did an even better cover of the Kinks' "Strangers." It was AV Undercover that turned me onto this group, and I've come to really enjoy what Jenn Wasner and Andy Stack are doing.

Though you won't "like" all the videos, I think this affords a great look at a lot of new and old bands, live, and on the spot. This is no talk show performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment